NetApp SnapMirror Review

Great for Tier Two Applications but I will recommend EMC or Hitachi for Tier 1 Applications.

Valuable Features

Administration of Netapp Snapmirror and Netapp Storage through CLI or Oncommand manager is the best.

Creation of any size of storage LUN and replication of the same with Snapmirror environment is most valuable.

Improvements to My Organization

I can not say much, but obviously Netapp came out with different types of GUI based management tools for Performance management and Replication Management which has made acceptability of Netapp environment better than earlier.

Room for Improvement

I must say that Netapp will have to come out with Better performance and Faster Data replication technologies.

Use of Solution

We have been using Netapp Storage and Snapmirror for 4 Years for Banking Domain applications, I have also seen that many clients using Netapp Snapmirror for Messaging as well.

About about a year now we have faced random issues related power supply or auto failover failback issue which was related to bugs in Firmware.

No, it's very good.

I would rate is with 3 as India Support which I am experiencing is not that good when compared to EMC.

I would also rate is with 3.

It is straightforward in terms of LUNs,NFS and CIFS with Snapmirror at DR.

Implementation Team

Vendor Team - Yes Experience was good

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

I am not aware of it as I am the administrator, Client used to manage costs.

Other Solutions Considered

Of course. We checked for EMC's VNX and Hitachi's HNAS.