NetApp SnapMirror Review

Easy to use and provides data protection for our customers

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider, and this is one of the products that we resell to our clients.

I am a presales engineer and have experience with this solution. I teach my customers how to use it.

This solution provides safety and data protection for my customers.

The deployment model depends on the customer. However, in Poland, the private cloud model is the most popular. Many are moving to a hybrid-cloud, but the public cloud is still not very popular.

What is most valuable?

This solution is easy to implement and easy to use.

What needs improvement?

We have different families of storage, such as the E-Series and Flash systems, but NetApp cannot be set up between them.

Currently, there is only a command-line interface, but some users would benefit from the inclusion of a graphical user interface.

This solution is very stable. Before I propose any kind of solution to a customer, I have to trust it. I don't think that there are any problems with this kind of server.

NetApp has very good scalability because we can grow and store up to twenty-four nodes. We sell only two or four-node systems. Scalability to twenty-four or even twelve nodes is too high for this country.

The technical support for this solution is good. I am glad because I always receive answers to my technical questions.

For me, the initial setup and configuration are easy because I am a NetApp specialist and engineer. I demonstrate the product to customers and show them how to use it.

What other advice do I have?

No solution is ideal. Every solution should continue to develop because customer requirements change over time.

This is a solution that I recommend because it is easy to use. Our customers choose the functionality that is useful for them.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More NetApp SnapMirror reviews from users