NinjaRMM Review

Works brilliantly, great pricing and support, and has a simple web interface and capable mobile app

What is our primary use case?

We use it for monitoring and alerting related to our client's network infrastructure. It is a SaaS solution. We have its latest version. It is mostly cloud-based in terms of the interface. The agents get updated automatically.

What is most valuable?

We can use it for remote monitoring, and it also works great as a troubleshooting tool. We are able to open up a command line or a PowerShell session remotely without having to disrupt the user. They have a limited network device monitoring capability, but for workstation servers, we have the event logs. We can do performance monitoring, system changes, software deployment, and patch management. We can also push scripts.

It has a very simple web interface. There are no additional things to do there. Security is also pretty good. It does the same things that the other competitor's tools do. One of the advantages of Ninja is that they have a more capable mobile app, which allows you to see the alerts immediately. I get alerted to major critical issues.

What needs improvement?

I wish that they integrated it with more antivirus solutions. Currently, they only push Defender, but it doesn't really have integration with SentinelOne. It also didn't integrate with Trend Micro, which we were using previously.

I would also like to have more control from the mobile app. As of now, I am able to see some performance values, but I can't see, for example, disk activity or disk performance values. If they can improve their app a little bit, it would help greatly.

They can also improve the tech interface. If I assign certain techs to a bunch of specific machines, they only get those alerts that they're assigned to.

I have been using this solution for maybe two or three years. We purchased it at one point, left it for another RMM, and then came back to Ninja. In this last cycle, it has probably been two years.

We have had minor issues, but they were far less than what we had in the past with other RMM tools.

Its scalability is good. We've kind of cut back a little bit, but I don't see any problems with taking on over a thousand workstations if we have to within that system. Our clients are small businesses not exceeding 25 users.

Their tech support is excellent. They were smart on the phone. I would rate them a ten out of ten. They are good.

We were using Ninja when it first came out, but at that time, the actual alerts and events were not coming in a timely matter, and as a troubleshooting tool, the events and updates weren't as fast, but now, it looks like those issues have been resolved. So, it works brilliantly.

We were using Pulseway, which we recently dropped, and we are back to Ninja. We were using it to supplement Ninja, but overall Ninja is great. Ninja is all web-based as compared to Pulseway. I have also used SolarWinds and other products in addition to Pulseway, but Ninja holds tone. It has a very simple web interface.

Its pricing is great.

What other advice do I have?

Within the MSP space, there are limited PSA tools that we're able to use to integrate with it. They do have an API, and I have a developer working on something to integrate with Integromat, which is an API connection tool. We're currently trying to build something out to connect to their API, which just started moving forward. Their API version 2 recently came out, and that was a little bit of a headache, but we're moving forward with that now. So, I can't really complain about it, but it has just kind of delayed our project.

I would definitely recommend this solution. I would rate NinjaRMM a ten out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about NinjaRMM, Atera, N-able and others in Remote Monitoring and Management Software. Updated: June 2021.
521,690 professionals have used our research since 2012.