No Magic MagicDraw Review

Quickly build multiple layers within the organizational and business process environments

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for this solution is enterprise modeling, providing integration between program management and systems engineering.  For several years now, I have focused on building a model for continuous improvement that integrates strategy planning, project management, analytics, process design, and change management that I can implement for clients. Magic Draw provides, I would say, an eighty-percent solution for this capability. More so than any other product that I've evaluated.

How has it helped my organization?

I use Magic Draw for program/systems modeling to support client engagements.

I used Magic Draw most recently to model from the strategic level down to the business process level for a company that is preparing for an ERP project. I was able to provide the client with an interactive tool that they can use to improve their existing business processes that cross multiple functional boundaries, accounting, logistics, manufacturing, marketing, sales, etc.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to quickly build multiple layers within the organizational and business process environments, as well as in the SysML product environments, and converting to files that can be accessed by clients who do not have a system and a teamwork server access.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see the ability to deploy live business process models and capture real-time data (without the need for another product tool) so you don't have to be dependent on other products for this functionality.

The bottom line is that it's very frustrating to have to acquire multiple tools to build a business process automation capability. Magic Draw, with all its capability, comes the closest, at least in my opinion, to providing a complete product that supports both the business and engineering sides of the equation.

I have been using this solution for four years.

This solution fits my use case better than any other product that I have evaluated. Some of the competitors are ARIS BPM and Bizagi.

What other advice do I have?

Magic Draw has capabilities that I'm sure I haven't even touched on, but at least for what I'm attempting to achieve, it provides the most capability to meet my needs at this point in time.

More No Magic MagicDraw reviews from users