OpCon Review

Self-service helps provide for the quick and simple handling of tasks

What is our primary use case?

We use OpCon to schedule three jobs, repeated ten times a day and five days a week.

This solution gives us the ability to look at each job's output online and determine whether it is ok or not. It can restart failed jobs when they are fixed, and it maintains a log history for statistics.

How has it helped my organization?

It was the right solution to industrialize public data processing that was still manual. Time savings were crucial in this choice and automation. This also contributed to the optimization of the work of several people, who were able to devote themselves to other more interesting tasks.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the self-service because it has made it possible to provide simple and quick solutions in the handling of certain tasks. Self-service is easy to use for people who are not in the IT department and who must act at any time for and with the customers.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see improvements with the graphical display during the execution of jobs with complex sequences, step-by-step, in self-service.

A much finer level of authorization for users, with a more direct job return, would be an improvement.

The ability to retrieve information from logs in variables to display relevant information would be helpful.

I have been using this solution for eleven years.

This solution is very stable and you can trust the software.

It responds very well to an increase in jobs and has no real limit.

Technical support is excellent. We felt that we were treated like family, not a number. They are very competent.

We did use another solution prior to this one, but we switched to OpCon because it's more user-friendly.

The initial setup is very simple. When we decided to install OpCon, this was done in two hours and two jobs could be executed directly afterward. For the other two solutions that we tried it was much more difficult, quite incomprehensible, and nothing worked as a result.

We implemented through a vendor team that I score ten out of ten.

This solution is certainly not the cheapest, but we win in time.

Prior to selecting OpCon, we evaluated UC4, Control-M, and APX.

What other advice do I have?

OpCon is easy to access, very easy to use, very complete, and always active.

More OpCon reviews from users
...who compared it with Control-M
Accel­er­ate dig­i­tal trans­for­ma­tion through work­load automation

Automate repetitive tasks so you can focus on projects that drive your business forward. Find out how OpCon workload automation enables you to create repeatable, reliable workflows - all managed from a single platform.

Learn what your peers think about OpCon. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,053 professionals have used our research since 2012.