OpenText EnCase eDiscovery Review

Inexpensive, very stable, and offers great artificial modeling features

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for our data center and servers.

What is most valuable?

The artificial modeling features are the solution's most valuable aspect.

The solution is very stable.

The pricing offered is fair. It's not too expensive by any means.

What needs improvement?

Overall, the features on offer are fine and I don't see a place for improvement in that respect.

The technical support on offer needs to be improved. They're quite slow to respond to our enquiries.

The reporting is a bit unreliable. It needs to be better.

The performance needs to be a bit better than what is on offer. It's lacking a little.

I've been using the solution for about four to five years.

The solution is stable. There aren't bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable. I would say that it's never let us down.

We're not completely satisfied with technical support. We expect a much faster response time and we just aren't getting that. I've had a few calls with support at this point and the responses are always delayed and drawn out. From a customer service standpoint, this is unacceptable. They could be much, much better.

We find the pricing to be quite reasonable. It's not the most expensive on the market.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers. We don't have any business relationship with the solution. We just use it internally in our company.

The solution has been quite good, and, overall, the features we need are available to us. The reporting could be improved, and technical support could be more responsive, but other than that, it serves us very well.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.