Operations Bridge Review

The biggest strength is its consolidation of events from various sources

What is our primary use case?

Organizations using multiple tools for monitoring their infrastructure, namely storage, UPS, etc. rely on multiple consoles to view the events from respective elements to manage consoles. This causes delay in isolating the fault. OMi helps in the consolidation of events on a single dashboard from several sources via the available APIs.

How has it helped my organization?

The biggest strength of the Operations Bridge is the consolidation of events from various sources. For one customer, we were able to consolidate events from more than 25 sources, most via Traps using a BSM Connector. Once the Head of IT Operations saw the value, then the expectation was that all the other siloed departments would work together to send the events to a central console.

What is most valuable?

Event consolidation

Cross domain event correlation

Run Time Service Model (RTSM)

Flexible dashboard with the availability of widgets

Agent and agentless monitoring

The most important feature is availability of the software on Docker, hence reducing implementation & upgrade timeline

What needs improvement?

Remove the dependency of Java technology. This is a feature used for admin purposes to update the modeling.

More than five years.

For high stability, I would recommend a HA setup with the recommended configurations.

Single server setup should only be considered for small environment.

Micro Focus Operation Bridge is highly scalable. It can support multiple server architecture for HA, DC-DR setup, and is also available as a container for the Docker, which can be ported on private or public cloud.

The customer service response is good.

I have helped organizations to switch from other tools to OMi. The main reason was event consolidation and seamless integration with the Service Manager for incident management and SLA reporting.

The setup is straightforward. Depending of the architecture/integration, it can take from one to 10 days.

Highly recommend to go for CDF (Containerized Deployment Foundation)

I have implemented this product with the help of a team.

ROI will depend on the modules available.

E.g., if Orchestration is integrated with events, the fault can be fixed with the given sets of SOPs. This can give up to 90% ROI in a short period of time.

Pricing is very flexible and depends on the modules selected as per the requirement. You can select from the available modules Micro Focus Operation Bridge (SiteScope, Operations Agent, Reporter, Operations Analytic, Cloud Optimizer, Orchestration, CMDB, and several Management Packs for various technologies like Oracle, DB2, Citrix, etc.).

Not applicable.

What other advice do I have?

Implementation of Micro Focus Operations Bridge will need a long-term perspective while solving today's problem.