Oracle Application Express (APEX) Review

Good design features, easy to use, straightforward and easy to deploy

What is our primary use case?

We have several projects with 200 to 300 users.

It is used by developers, building applications for people who want to track things in spreadsheets.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable part of this solution is the database design features. We are able to create tables and prototypes for people during design meetings.

The use of the platform seems straightforward.

It's easy to use.

I like the way that it automatically goes into the spreadsheets and the users can deal with it.

What needs improvement?

There is not a lot of Wiki help or in Google, but there is some.

I have been working with Oracle Application Express (APEX) for a year.

We are still on version 5.1. We are trying to upgrade and move to the cloud.

It seems pretty stable.

This is an area of concern, as we are not sure. We have not explored its scalability.

We have the source code in the database and also produce the forms at the same time.

I don't believe that it is a problem. In most of our use cases, we are either going to have small amounts of people and small amounts of data.

We have many different teams using it in different areas. For example, we have a big glassware ordering team that uses it, a national management team that uses it to schedule groups and managing programs or agricultural programs. There are nine or ten different teams.

I was not a part of the installation, but it is straightforward when deploying the updates.

We have a team of three or four developers and one admin to maintain this solution.

There is a trial version available that can be used free of charge.

What other advice do I have?

I would suggest trying it for free on the web to see how well it works. You start with the free version, which is version 5.,1 and it's really good. Once you download it and implement it, you have the newest version.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Oracle Application Express (APEX) reviews from users
...who work at a Government
...who compared it with Microsoft PowerApps
Learn what your peers think about Oracle Application Express (APEX). Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.