Oracle Application Express (APEX) Review

Develop applications quickly and easily, with excellent technical support

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for developing applications to help with the daily work, customer support, and for production in small to medium-sized businesses.

How has it helped my organization?

It's a large organization producing energy. APEX is a platform that helps in the daily works of many parts of the organization. It is not producing any energy, although it is helping us to save energy that is is the result of friction between the different areas of the enterprise.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are security, stability, and ease of implementation.

You can concentrate on the solution. You don't have to worry about the environment, the security, the servers, or the access. It is all there automatically.

Communication and solutions are easier to use.

What needs improvement?

The collaboration and the workflow engine could use some improvement. If you have a larger team working with APEX, it is not that easy to synchronize the team. It is easier with a code-rich application because of the tools. It is not that easy in a low-code environment.

In the next release, I would like to see a better workflow tool.

I have been using this solution since 2005.

This solution is very stable. We have never experienced any issues.

This solution is scalable. We have not come anywhere near the maximum with our engines.

We have never experienced any performance issues or performance warnings in our company.

We have 3000 users in our company, but not all of them are using the same application at the same time.

We have many applications with many departments and it's used every day. They are using applications with APEX. They are not developing in APEX, but they are using APEX solutions to launch, for feedback, for security, and monitoring.

The technical support is excellent.

Previously, we did not use another solution. We used a different form of Oracle. There haven't been that many solutions available or programming platforms. APEX was the first local solution.

It was the only solution at the time.

The initial setup is quite straightforward and very easy.

With one person, it took half an hour to install and get running.

We have two people to maintain this solution.

This solution was implemented 15 years ago with the help of our team.

There are zero costs. It's a free solution with no additional costs.

We are using a point system, but it's only being used with a few applications at the moment.

What other advice do I have?

Once you start to develop with APEX, you will be hated by programmers and coders. They will want to show you that they can do the same as you can do.

My advice would be to just use this solution.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

19.2
More Oracle Application Express (APEX) reviews from users
...who work at a Aerospace/Defense Firm
...who compared it with Microsoft PowerApps
Learn what your peers think about Oracle Application Express (APEX). Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
457,209 professionals have used our research since 2012.