Oracle Application Testing Suite Review

Functionality testing tool need improvement but Load Test has been helpful in testing performance and scalability.

What is most valuable?

We were using OATS as part of an Oracle-EBS Implementation project in Middle East for an Oil Field Service Company.

We also used OATS in Automation and Functional/Performance testing for HRMS, Financial, Projects, and SCM modules

The Product as a whole is an integrated package with excellent co-relation with all Oracle Applications and any web-based application. The Functional testing module called Open script is especially very useful in Automation Testing of any web-based application or Oracle Project.

How has it helped my organization?

OATS has played a major role in expediting the testing and Performance Analysis of Oracle-EBS application. It has played a tangible role in meeting the Project deadline and helped in the Go-live of various components of EBS.

The Performance testing tool called Oracle Load Test has been helpful in testing the Performance and scalability of the application.

What needs improvement?

There are certain bugs which were present but was cleared in subsequent releases of application, but still there is room for improvement in the Functionality testing tool when Automating form-based applications.

The application under test (Oracle EBS) was thoroughly tested using OATS and issues were rarely found.

Issues with scalability for the application under test was found using Oracle Load testing tool which is part of the OATS Package.  The applications then remained stable after Go-Live.

We didn’t find any scalability issues with the application as we had successfully implemented and worked with this application in an MNC.

We had raised a Service request regarding OLT (Oracle Load test) tool with Oracle and the customer service was prompt.

We had used HP QTP, QC for projects involving Oracle Applications and found the correlation very difficult, but OATS works like a charm…it’s stable and the coding we need to use is not very complex.

Initial setup of OATS is a straightforward process but care should be taken while installing in server.

The product was implemented by our in-house team.

ROI is very good considering the advantages of using this product like reducing implementation time and ensuring quality of the product/Software you are implementing.

The great thing about this product is it is free of cost , but if you need advanced support from Oracle then you can buy certain module of this project from Oracle.

The product is the go-to product for all Oracle Applications because of the compatibility and correlation with Oracle Applications.

We had used HP QTP for a project involving Oracle-EBS and found the correlation very difficult.

What other advice do I have?

You can make the Testing and Automation more efficient using OATS and can ensure that whatever application you are implementing, whether it be an Oracle Application or any web based application is thoroughly tested and the quality is ensured.

More Oracle Application Testing Suite reviews from users
5 Comments

author avatarit_user181566 (OATS Engineer-Onsite Consultant at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees)

Thank you..OATS is going to be one of the most sought after tools in near future.

author avatarit_user334449 (User)

Can we use OATS to automate Oracle Flexcube Core Banking applications?

author avatarit_user445443 (Functional Lead - Purchasing at a transportation company with 1,001-5,000 employees)

Did you get to use any of the already created test scripts?

@Ajay we were able to extract the pre-built scripts from an Oracle tool called Oracle Flowbuilder and made it work in OFT...that was really helpful in reducing our workload for a POC