Oracle Application Testing Suite Review

Doesn't require a separate management tool but it is lacking support

What is our primary use case?

We use the cloud deployment model for this solution.

What is most valuable?

We like that we don't need a separate management tool. This is a good feature. It also has an inbuilt performance tool which is on Flash. It has very good record and playback features as well. The inspection tool is also very good. Overall, since it comes with all the three packages, it's very good.

It has a very good inbuilt reporting system.

What needs improvement?

There is no support for this particular tool and you don't have a very big knowledge base on Google. It should order the tests so that you can automatically write a path and test it on it. The object identification feature can be enabled and leveraged to other levels and there's some kind of knowledge base. These are the two main areas that need improvement.

The pathfinding at times is slow when we are using it. The tool's performance can be improved.

The third thing, is the help and the support or the knowledge base needs improvement. Otherwise, it's overall a very good tool.

It should have proper integration with CI/CD tools or any plugins. There's good documentation with Jenkins or JIRA.

It should be a little more flexible like Selenium for the user to try with different locators or the different writing of XPath. The slowness can be identified and when we try to automate any internet, the application which can only be opened in Internet Explorer has some challenges.

It needs better automation. I think it is there but some enhancements should be done. Overall, it is a very good tool that is better than some other automation tools on the market. It supports various entrepreneur platform applications and applications developed with different coding background and it's all very good.

I have been using this solution for around four years.

It's a stable one except for one or two incidents, it's stable.

It has good scalability. It can integrate it with CI/CD tools and all those things. There is no inbuilt configuration or setups available to link it with other tools or scale it with other CI/CD tools. Those tools are lacking configuration abilities. It's a lack of knowledge from our side of the this because of the unavailability of the knowledge base. We haven't tried with different stops.

We have around seven or eight users using this solution. We require two staff members for the deployment and maintenance.

I would rate their technical support 2.5 out of ten.

I have only used Oracle. I didn't use a previous solution.

What other advice do I have?

It's really a very good tool. My advice to somebody considering this solution is to speak to the vendor, make sure to make your requirements clear and have clear answers from the vendor's side. Ask what support is available and what the scalability terms are and what features are available to integrate with CI/CD tools.

The tool is very good. There's no doubt about it so. In terms of the properties or object identification media, there could be some more or better documentation, a better knowledge base or better enhancements should be available.

I would rate it a seven out of ten.

More Oracle Application Testing Suite reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Micro Focus, Apache and others in Performance Testing Tools. Updated: January 2021.
457,459 professionals have used our research since 2012.