Oracle Data Guard Review

We've experienced no issues with performance.

What is most valuable?

We use it for backing up our data, so from the standby instance.

What needs improvement?

Data Guard has been around for a very long time and a lot of big companies are using it. I don't see that it needs any improvement or anything like that. I think it's pretty solid.

I've been using it for more than 15 years.

We've experienced no issues with performance.

When you open up SR Oracle has a list of things which they ask for. Being an end customer, when we open SR, we give as much as information as we want and again the support person comes into the picture, and without reading what we have put through, they just has the same question over and over. What version, what product, all that kind of things, which is not at all fair.

What other advice do I have?

It’s the backbone. Nobody interacts with it, it's only the DBAs who use it I think. Once you set it up it's pretty much done. You don't deal with it on a daily basis.

Maybe not all products are up to the speed or like any product you take, there is space to improve. I think for our company, the way we use it, we are very happy with it and the end customer is very happy with it.

1 Comment
Rita NuñezReal UserTOP 20

I agree with you, it never degrades performance in the Primary Database, quite the contrary, it downloads the load that generates backups because it is done from the standby.

08 July 18