Oracle OBIEE Review

Useful for connectivity with Oracle E-Business Suite, reasonable price, very stable, and good support

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for analysis purposes for different areas, such as sales, production. We are also using it for the financial data and quality module. We have customer complaint dashboards and all sorts of things.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps our senior management in reviewing the performance of sales, production, and customer complaints and taking decisions accordingly. These are the areas for which we have designed custom warehouses. All the data is available on a daily basis. They can see the performance on a daily basis. They can look at the performance of the Sales site, pending dispatches, and inventory status. All these things are available in custom dashboards, which helps them in making decisions easily.

What is most valuable?

The primary reason for using OBIEE is connectivity with Oracle E-Business Suite. It makes it easy to connect with our Oracle E-Business Suite. There are the standard dashboards available, which we sometimes use, and now we are looking for customized dashboards.

What needs improvement?

In the on-premises version, the feature for connecting and selecting the data between the databases looks a bit cumbersome, but I am not sure. The person who is using it takes a lot of time to design a data warehouse. When I ask him why is it taking this long, I get a response that this is something that he has to design, and there are different tools that are available. He has to write the ETL and design the warehouse according to the customer's requirement, which takes a lot of time.

Its visualization should be enhanced, and there should be a feature where you can easily create your custom data warehouse.

I have been using this solution for approximately seven years.

It is very stable. It is much stronger than any other solution that I've seen till now. I have heard that Microsoft's solution goes down, but Oracle is very stable.

Scalability is available. It depends on how you want to scale. Right now, we want to define our custom databases and custom warehouse. Therefore, we are creating customer data warehouses, and accordingly, we are designing our dashboards in a custom application. You can also connect it with any third-party software.

They are very good. We are on support right now, and they are providing support whenever we need it. They provide prompt support through their portal.

It is straightforward. Basically, if you look at the technical part of it, it is very simple. You can just follow a step-by-step process, and you can easily finish it.

It is reasonable, but it depends on how you're going to use it. There are no costs in addition to the standard licensing fees.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Oracle OBIEE an eight out of ten.

More Oracle OBIEE reviews from users
...who compared it with Microsoft BI
Learn what your peers think about Oracle OBIEE. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.