Jt hjyjg 400x400

Oracle OBIEE Review
With its ability to integrate with database sources, our customers can build dashboards and use visual components.

Valuable Features:

The easy integration with database sources.

Improvements to My Organization:

Before using OBIEE, my customer had difficulties building a dashboard and use visual components to show information, and now they can do it faster. After selecting the data and organizing the physical model, they just have to connect and begin the work. The solution has some limitations, but there's always a way to adapt and show a good work.

Room for Improvement:

I think there are some issues to be solved, and it needs some visual improvements, especially the charts, but it is still the best solution in my opinion.

Use of Solution:

I've used this solution since 2012. I am not focused on building dashboards, I just give data support to developers, and sometimes I use it to present my data products.

Deployment Issues:

Sometimes is hard to make a drilldown without refreshing the page.

Stability Issues:

No issues encountered.

Scalability Issues:

When the number of projects on the repository increases, updates and new deployments get slower.

I have never used it.

I have never used it.

Previous Solutions:

I had aready used Microsoft reporting services when I began to use OBIEE. I switched because my customer doesn´t use Microsoft tools for BI.

Initial Setup:

It was straightforward in the begining, but became complex later.

Other Solutions Considered:

When my customer found some issues, I evaluated other solutions like Tableau, Cognos, MicroStrategy. They are more attractive visually, but in my opinion they are not better.

Other Advice:

Most of my customers want a tool that connects any data source, and does all the jobs for them. It doesn´t exist. People have to know their data, and know what they want to do with it. My customer had the illusion that OBIEE would do everything for them, and they were frustrated, so we had to learn to work togheter in the right way with the tool.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Oracle OBIEE?

Our experts can help. 221,958 professionals have used our research on 5,660 solutions.