Oracle OBIEE Review

With its ability to integrate with database sources, our customers can build dashboards and use visual components.

What is our primary use case?

My first challenge with OBIEE was to create a set of Dashboards to monitor sales performance in real time.

How has it helped my organization?

Before using OBIEE, my customer had difficulties building Dashboards and usine visual components to show information. Now they can do it fast and easily selecting the data and organizing the physical model, they just have to connect to the source. The solution has some limitations, but there's always a way to adapt and show a good work.

What is most valuable?

The easy integration with different database sources and the strength when working with complex data. It’s possible to integrate different data sources and show the information in the same place with a very good performance.

What needs improvement?

I think there are some issues to be solved, and it needs some visual improvements, especially on the charts, but it is still the best solution in my opinion.

No issues encountered.

When the number of projects on the repository increases, updates and new deployments get slower.

I have never used it.

I have never used it.

I had aready used Microsoft reporting services. I migrated to OBIEE  because my customer doesn´t use Microsoft tools for BI.

It was straightforward in the begining, but became complex later.

I evaluated other solutions like Tableau, Cognos, MicroStrategy. They are more attractive visually, but in my opinion OBIEE has a stronger platform.

What other advice do I have?

My customers want a solution that connects any data source, and does all the jobs for them. It doesn´t exist. People have to know their data, and know what they want to do with it. My customer had the illusion that OBIEE would do everything for them, and they became frustrated, so we had to learn to work together in the right way. It’s very important to guide the user in the right direction to take all the advantages of OBIEE.