Oracle OBIEE Review

We've been able to create reports for monitoring our business trends and retail KPIs, although we've come across deployment issues when moving from one version to another.

What is most valuable?

• Data accessibility
  • Easy to create ad hoc reporting for different solutions
  • Excellent tool for defining and creating Executive and Operative Dashboard

How has it helped my organization?

I’ve used this product especially in the retail field. It’s been a huge initial effort creating reporting for monitoring business trends and retail KPIs, but once we did it we had a great return in terms of data reliability, time response and information sharing between internals and externals.

What needs improvement?

Retail, Finance, Wholesale

I've used if for about four years in the fashion industry.

Yes, especially when we’ve moved from one version to another. Most of the problems encountered have been solved quickly.

No broad impact

8/10

8/10

Designing and building the entire set up of Data Warehousing and Dashboard Reporting implementation has been challenging in terms of resources and time. It took at least six months to a year to see the first results of our hard work.

I can make a comparison with Business Objects and MicroStrategy. Even though these are excellent tools for business analysis, Oracle OBIEE has allowed the company to approach data analysis in a structured and shared way favoring the growth of analytical expertise across the entire company.

What other advice do I have?

From my experience as Retail Planner and Business Analyst in fast paced companies, I would suggest this solution to anyone who wants to improve data analysis in terms of data read, performance, analytical culture throughout the company.

I think it's a great tool for the retail, finance, and commercial industries.

ABC Sell Out Analysis