Jt hjyjg 400x400

Oracle OBIEE Review

Improvements to My Organization

We use it as our primary system for passing information and data through Oracle E-Business Suite, and for pulling in data from other platforms. In this way, it's our information and data hub.

Room for Improvement

Interacting with other non-Oracle applications and sources is a little difficult right now. It needs to be easier, such as interactions with cloud resources.

Use of Solution

I've used it probably for up to 10 years now.

We've had no issues with deployment other than the interactions between it and non-Oracle apps.

We run an older version right now, so we haven't made any changes to it. It's stable in its current state, and we haven't had any issues with instability.

There have been times where we probably could use an initial processing power, but we're constrained around the licensing that we're in.

We just dropped our maintenance with Oracle last year and have gone to a third-party service provider. It was less than half of the cost, and we didn't see the value of the money that we were spending at the time with Oracle.

The initial setup is fairly straightforward, but I wasn't around when the implementation was done.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

The re-licensing is a large cost proposition so we may be looking at alternatives, I think, in the next couple of years.

Other Advice

We are using it just because we have other tools we've retired. I'm not really excited about it nor am I ready to kick it to the curb.

1 Comment

Dcabba08 e50c 4265 908e a0741e845443 avatar

Hi,

Regarding the integration challenges you mention, you might find a solution among the resources available here: https://community.oracle.com/community/business_intelligence/business_intelligence_foundation/business_intelligence_suite_enterprise_edition

If you post a specific question in that forum you're very likely to get a response. And If you send me a link to your question I'd be happy to bring it to the specific attention of some of the OBIEE specialists in the Oracle ACE Program.

Like (0)18 April 16
Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Oracle OBIEE?

Our experts can help. 242,687 professionals have used our research on 5,991 solutions.