Jt hjyjg 400x400

Oracle OBIEE Review
Implementation has changed the way we create and consume information.

Valuable Features:

• Dashboards - Thousands of users get the exact information that is relevant to them.
  • Agents - The system automatically sends information when you need it.
  • Answers - Power Users (aka Data Scientists) investigate the data.
  • Integration - Analyse any data and present it in any format.

Improvements to My Organization:

Implementation has led to a complete change in the way we create and consume information. People no longer spend hours creating spreadsheets; they now make informed decisions.

Room for Improvement:

Right now, there's no ability to add comments to the dashboards. We'd like to be able to do that.

Use of Solution:

I've been using it for 16 years.

Deployment Issues:

It's very easy to install.

Stability Issues:

The 12c version is much more stable than previous versions. We've had no real issues with instability.

Scalability Issues:

The system will scale out easily to thousands of concurrent users. We've had no issues with the inability to scale.

Oracle provides good support, but the community is the place to go. Online experts, bloggers, conferences and the ACE program all contribute to a huge knowledge pool.

Previous Solutions:

Microsoft Office products are great, but they don't scale to billions of rows.

Initial Setup:

You can go from download to fully-installed in just a couple of hours.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

Negotiate hard! These products are not cheap.

Other Solutions Considered:

I also looked at Power BI and Cognos.

Other Advice:

Bring in an expert -- someone with real experience and who's independent.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: I am an independent Business Intelligence specialist, but have specialized in the Oracle BI recently because of the product, and have written a book on it.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Oracle OBIEE?

Our experts can help. 213,824 professionals have used our research on 5,586 solutions.