Oracle OBIEE Review

The smart view reports have been valuable to our business.

What is most valuable?

We have been using Essbase. We run a lot of smart view reports, which have been valuable to our business.

What needs improvement?

There should be additional features like planning and budgeting. It is pretty complex without having to run any additional ad hoc reports, so having built in reports like that would be nice.

We have been using the product for more than a year.

We have some stability issues. We periodically refresh the data from the Oracle EBS to OBIEE. Sometimes you can’t see the data and we have to run ad hoc reports to push us through that confusion.

It is going to meet our needs for the future. We are planning to implement EPM as well.

They are good. We go to Oracle support when we have critical issues, otherwise we go to the community.

Initially, we were using all Oracle products and a program called GL1. GL1 is an external plug-in that we used with Excel to run reports with the database. It was not robust like the work we have with OBIEE, which led us to transition.

The initial setup was straightforward. We had an issue with the servers, but other than that it was smooth.

What other advice do I have?

Go with OBIEE with smart view. If you are in planning and budgeting, also get EPM. I would rate it a nine out of ten.