Jt hjyjg 400x400

Oracle OBIEE Review
We use it as an enterprise BI tool. Main benefit: all of the reports are in one place.

Valuable Features

It's a generic BI tool and all of the BI features are good.

Improvements to My Organization

We use it as an enterprise BI tool. All of the reports are in one place; that's the main benefit.

Room for Improvement

In the next release, I would like to them to add or include data visualization and mobile, which right now is a separate product. If it were up to me, I would merge them together.

It has some shortcomings, but overall it's a good, stable product.

Use of Solution

We've been using it for 6-7 years.

It is quite stable. We've never had any issues with it; overall, it is very good.

It is scalable. We have lots of users using it and we can easily expand it.

The quality of Oracle tech support depends: if you get a good person, it's very good; otherwise, it's very bad. It's one extreme or the other.

We've been using it for a long time, so it's not like we recently went to it; it's been a long time.

I did not set it up my myself; my guys did it. It was somewhere in between straightforward and complex; it was not that complex, but it was not straightforward either. We had to get an expert Oracle consultant to help us with it, but that went well.

Other Solutions Considered

We selected this because we got a good deal on OBI, Hyperion and other products as a package; that was one of the reasons we picked this. Of course, features-wise it checked out equally with other tools that we evaluated. Eventually, cost plays into it.

The features that we were looking for were data visualization; slice and dicing of data; analytics, if you will; mobility; ease of use; scalability, of course; and also, response time.

Other Advice

You can go with OBI if you are an Oracle shop. It's better than SQL Server products. There are other products that are better than OBI, also, but it's one of the top five products.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Oracle OBIEE?

Our experts can help. 242,381 professionals have used our research on 5,991 solutions.