Jt hjyjg 400x400

Oracle OBIEE Review
Data mash-up provides the ability to look at different data, join them on the fly and look at the key indicators.

Valuable Features:

The most valuable features are what you can do with it. It's the insight of the data that really gives the management the capability of looking beyond what they probably currently have within the transaction system.

Now with 12c, there’s also data mash-up, which gives them the capability to look at different data, join them on the fly and look at the key indicators, which can probably give them insight into the business.

Room for Improvement:

Performance is a key point, but it's always a give and take with performance: What do you really want to achieve versus what you can really get, and what does that cost? That's the key, I think, from a performance perspective.

Use of Solution:

I have been using it for 10 years.

Stability Issues:

It is a stable solution. We have been using it since it was Siebel; since before Oracle acquired Siebel. It has been almost 15-16 years. It's pretty old. Now, with the new release, they're adding on more and more capabilities.

Scalability Issues:

It's pretty scalable. You can scale it differently; you can scale it horizontally or vertically. With the new upgrades, it's pretty amazing the things that you can do with it.

Technical support are very knowledgeable because this product has matured a lot from where it was initially.

Initial Setup:

With every release, the setup is getting easier and easier. When we started out, it was more complex; now it's getting more and more easy.

Other Advice:

Based on what I have seen, based on different implementations, it's one of the tools that is pretty reliable in the market, that is pretty stable. As long as it meets your requirements, you should be fine. I don't see any issues with it.

When I’m deciding to work with a vendor like Oracle, I think about how much they are willing to collaborate and make their product succeed. It's more about partnership; it's more about reliability, but it's also about dependency. You often get stuck with products you're implementing and the solution might not be available onboard, so you have to go and reach out and get the solution.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Oracle OBIEE?

Our experts can help. 213,954 professionals have used our research on 5,586 solutions.