Jt hjyjg 400x400

Oracle OBIEE Review
We have several dashboards for the VPs and HR business users, so they are able to see all the integration and higher data. It is difficult to get the data into data warehousing.

Valuable Features:

The reporting capabilities are good. The other valuable features are the dashboard capability and the ease of report creation.

Improvements to My Organization:

The main feature is the dashboard functionality. As I work for HR, we have several dashboards for the VPs and HR business users, so they are able to see all the integration and higher data; it's like a one-click option.

Room for Improvement:

Data integration itself needs to be improved. We use ODI along with OBIEE for data integration. We find it very hard to go through this whole process. Once the data is there, it's very easy to report it on the OBIEE front end. However, just getting the data into data warehousing is difficult.

Stability Issues:

The other thing we have experienced is if the data load takes a long time, Oracle doesn't give any out-of-the-box solution to have the reports run out of a snapshot. Thus, if any data is being run/aggregated, then the report goes down. If it takes a very long time then your report goes down for even longer.

Scalability Issues:

It is not fully scalable and there are performance issues that we see. It's not that bad. I would give it a 3/5 rating.

The support is not great. It keeps going back and forth. It would definitely help to improve the support provided.

Previous Solutions:

We didn't look at other data warehousing solutions as such, but we were looking at various other reporting solutions. As a data warehouse, we use a lot of Oracle products and are on Oracle VBScript. We also possess high level of Oracle expertise in our organization. Thus, we decided it was best to go with this product.

Other Advice:

It's a long implementation process; it took us a while to implement it. However, once you do implement this product and get the hang of it, it's easy. It has its issues just like a lot of other software products have issues.

0 Comments

Have A Question About Oracle OBIEE?

Our experts can help. 203,620 professionals have used our research on 5,518 solutions.