Oracle OBIEE Review

Provides unified reporting, all business units are now looking at the same picture

What is our primary use case?

We use it for analyzing our sales, our processes. So far, it is good.

How has it helped my organization?

It has unified the reporting within the group. Previously, each business unit had its own report. Now we have the unified report, so everyone can look at the same picture at the same time.

What is most valuable?

I think the most valuable features are the ability to drill down, the graphs, and the scheduling for the reports to be received in Excel on a daily basis. Users like Excel, so it's good for them that they receive the reports by email, that they don't have to specify the schedule.

What needs improvement?

We are looking at Power BI and Data Visualization from Oracle, because it has more appealing graphics. This is going to be the next step, if we do move at all.

It's very stable.

It is scalable.

Technical support is good. I would give it a rating of seven out of 10.

We did not have a previous solution.

The most important criteria when selecting a vendor include

• support - that is one of the important things
  • availability of partners to help if we need anything
  • integration with ERP systems and the other tools that each company would have.

It was straightforward.

We only evaluated Oracle at that time.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it at eight out of 10. It has very good features but it is missing going quickly into the cloud, and virtualization - unlike other vendors.