Oracle OBIEE Review

Near real-time performance helps us quickly escalate problems to senior management

What is our primary use case?

We use it for KPIs. It's quite good, but the content of Oracle OBIEE cannot accommodate all of our needs. Oracle OBIEE only displays KPIs, but it does not include strategic objectives or display risk in a strategic map.

How has it helped my organization?

Generally, with Oracle OBIEE we can see near real-time performance in our operations. When there is a problem, it is easy to escalate it to top management and the time for management to make a decision about it is much shorter than it would be using a manual process.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Oracle OBIEE is the reporting.

What needs improvement?

From the point of view of strategic management, I would like to have a feature, perhaps a form after we get to the KPI dashboard, to be used to note if something unusual happens in the operations. That way we could record extreme KPI situations, and track why a number is very low or too high.

Stability is okay. It meets our current requirements.

Its scalability also meet our current requirements.

We use in-house resources, since my IT team has the skills to develop in Oracle OBIEE.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution but it depends on the needs of the company, of course.

Important criteria when selecting a vendor include local support and the most important is the capability of the solution to meet my requirements. It should also be compatible with our current system.

I would rate it an eight out of 10 because Oracle OBIEE is capable of providing me with fairly comprehensive real-time data. However, again, it doesn't provide me with the strategic view or map or objectives, or how an individual KPI affects the strategic objectives.