Oracle SOA Suite Review

UI is too complex, needs to be less technical; but integrates essential enterprise processes

What is most valuable?

Conceptually, how it integrates a lot of essential enterprise process components. That's the most valuable.

How has it helped my organization?

It consolidates various other software applications into the one solution.

What needs improvement?

The interface is too complicated. Making modifications still requires too much technical knowledge. The user interface needs to be less technical so that business analysts can utilize or develop their process, design their process more easily, without technical knowledge of how SOA Suite works.

We're using it for a minimum of it's capabilities, so no stability problems. But we have talked to various other people who said that when they deploy more components in SOA Suite, they run into more performance issues and the like. We're afraid to do that, so we're staying with the minimal.

It is very scalable.

We have been happy with the response we get. We have a huge license that we own, so Oracle does try to keep us happy.

We used to use SMT, which then became obsolete, so we changed to SOA Suite.

We had high hopes of deploying SOA architecture, which didn't go anywhere because it's a lot of money and effort, so things are on hold. It is too big of solution for us at this point.

What other advice do I have?

We bought what we bought because of what we thought we were going to use it for. Hindsight, we would have never purchased it. So I would say be very clear and have a good understanding of your roadmap and your business strategy. See where you're going because you could be spending a lot of money for something you don't even utilize.