Proofpoint Email Protection Review

Good stability and a straightforward setup with good URL rewrite capabilities

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to block malicious email and spam in bulk.

What is most valuable?

The URL rewrites on the solution are excellent.

The system offers good flexibility.

The initial implementation is pretty easy to handle.

The solution is quite reliable and doesn't fail.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to better detect emails that don't have a malicious payload. They need to ensure those that have a link to a malicious Google Drive or something like that are captured.

We find the cost to be prohibitive.

Their smart search needs to be much more intuitive and flexible.

I've been using the solution for five years.

The solution is very stable. It doesn't crash or freeze and we don't experience bugs or glitches. It's quite reliable.

We don't plan on increasing the solution's usage in the future.

Technical support is very, very good. We've found them to be knowledgeable and responsive. We're satisfied with the level of service.

The initial setup was not complex at all. It was pretty straightforward.

The solution is quite expensive.

Right now, we're paying about $80,000.

What other advice do I have?

We're simply customers of the solution. We don't have a business relationship with the company.

I'm not sure which version of the solution we are using.

The advice that I would give to other companies who are considering using the solution is to really test the systems, even for outlandish attacks, to see if it will hold up.

For me personally, I actually have two Proofpoint accounts. I have a Proofpoint account for something completely unrelated to B&H and I was able to prove that's almost anything you think of you can do, although it might not say in the documentation or the people at Proofpoint might not think of that scenario, however, it's still a way to achieve almost everything you were trying to achieve with your email filter.

The flexibility is unbelievable. And you could get very creative. You just need to be very careful to not mess it up. However, you could get extremely creative to accommodate real case scenarios.

Overall, I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

More Proofpoint Email Protection reviews from users