Proofpoint Email Protection Review

Reliable, scalable, protects your email from threats, and has good support

What is our primary use case?

I am the CIO, I have consultants.

We use Proofpoint Email Protection to filter out malicious emails.

How has it helped my organization?

We have a lot fewer malicious emails coming in since implementing this product.

What is most valuable?

The setup was easy.

What needs improvement?

It was easier to use Microsoft than Proofpoint.

We had some issues with their sales consultant. We got into a dispute and he ended up leaving the company. It's unknown if he was unhappy being at the company, or if it was a reflection of the company, but I can say that their sales consultant was not good.

I think they have everything that I would want in the advanced version.

There are certain things, I would want. I would want better spear phishing protection in the essentials package.

I have been working with Proofpoint Email Protection for two years.

It's a subscription, and we are always using the latest version.

The stability is fine.

The scalability is good.

I am going to reiterate. To move to a more sophisticated email security solution was cost-prohibitive. When you compare it to others, it was too expensive.

All users of the company, all departments were using this solution.

The technical support was okay. I think it was good, although it wasn't outstanding.

It would be excellent, f they had chats and instantaneous responses. That would make it better.

We always struggled with getting on the phone with someone.

We were able to get the same security levels using Microsoft that we were getting with Proofpoint.

With this company, we used Proofpoint straight out of the gate.

We have now switched to Microsoft. The features were definitely there. It was more integrated; people don't have to go to a different website to see what was quarantined. They can see it right in their account on Outlook.

Microsoft is easier to use, it's more integrated, and it's cheaper. It was cheaper than their advanced module, for sure, but it was comparable to their basic package.

The initial setup was straightforward. It was easy to set up.

It took few hours to set up. It was really quick.

We have an admin that would go in to see what was quarantined every now and again a quarter of full-time equivalent approximately 10 hours a week.

This solution was being used every day, 24 hours a day.

We used a consultant to deploy the solution.

I have had a relationship with this consultant for more than 20 years. If I keep a consultant for that long it's because they are worth their weight.

It is always a pleasant experience working with them.

For sure, we have seen a return on investment. It does what it's supposed to do, which is to protects you.

If Proofpoint was the only product out there, I would gladly pay for it. It would be fine and good. But they are not the only game in town. Their competitors managed to give the same level of protection for much less.

The Basic Email Coverage is pretty close to the same price as the Extended Email Security of other companies.

To start basic at Proofpoint, let's say more expensive than other basic packages.

To jump into the Advanced versions of Proofpoint, the costs multiply four or five times, which made it not feasible for us. Being multiple times more expensive, it very much less attractive.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise people to look at the options.

It does what it says it's going to do. The only issue is the cost.

I would rate Proofpoint Email Protection an eight out of ten.

More Proofpoint Email Protection reviews from users
...who compared it with Forcepoint Email Security
Learn what your peers think about Proofpoint Email Protection. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,189 professionals have used our research since 2012.