Proofpoint Email Protection Review

Easy to use and set up with excellent anti-spam features

What is our primary use case?

Proofpoint is number one in terms of market share worldwide. We recommend it to clients because of its rich features. It offers a lot of choices. We primarily use the solution because of its rich features in email protection. It also provides protection for the cloud. It provides backup targeted attack protection features as well.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very simple.

The anti-spam features are excellent on the email firewalls.

The program's interface is easy to use. We've found that end-users have been very happy in terms of the usage provided and the delivery of an email solution that protects them.

What needs improvement?

The search functionality is quite small. It could be a bit more in-depth. Right now, it's a bit simple.

The solution could be improved with the addition of PLP and email encryption features.

Our company has been working with Proofpoint for two years.

The stability of the solution is fine. We haven't had any negative feedback from any of our customers.

We have contacted technical support in the past. However, Proofpoint offers access to technical support via a portal for end-users. Sometimes end-users can't access the portal. In this case, technical support is largely directly through the vendors.

The initial setup is straightforward. We found it quite easy.

Deployment took approximately two to three days. It does, however, depend on the customer-commissioned network setup.

We supply the solution to the end-user.

The pricing is relative; it's not a fixed amount, so it's hard to discuss exact numbers.

What other advice do I have?

Our company is a direct partner of Proofpoint and not an end-user. Since I don't have too much experience with usage, I don't think I can speak to it as well as a typical user. We work with Email Protection and Targeted Attack Protection.

We handle the on-premises deployment model.

I'd rate the solution ten out of ten. I'm very happy with it, and even one year after implementation I haven't had any issues with it or had any customers who were displeased with the solution.