Qlik Sense Review

Gives our business users the ability to author their own sheets and share insights they have found

What is our primary use case?

Over the last two years, we have worked to modernize our company's data platform using technologies such as Qlik Sense to help deliver insight to our business partners. Prior to Qlik, our users had to depend on data extracted from our mainframe and loaded into various excel spreadsheets and access databases. Today, we have the ability to not only replace those antiquated methods, we can help our users look at data from many different angles. We are currently using an on-prem solution but will be moving to AWS next year.

How has it helped my organization?

Our executives and business users are starting to see how having the ability to analyze data and not just view reports can help them make decisions to help improve the business. We have started on our journey to become a data-driven and data-literate company. Qlik has been partnering with us to help us along that journey. The only roadblock has been our underlying data warehouse. However, we are looking to move that to Snowflake this year. Qlik and Snowflake have a partnership that should pay off greatly for us.

What is most valuable?

Qlik Sense allows the ingestion of all of our various data source platforms. It also gives our business users the ability to author their own sheets and share insights they have found. The number of visualizations that are present in Qlik is very useful for our developers to help our business partners tell stories with their data. Qlik continues to add to and enhance these visualizations with each release. We are also very excited to leverage the integration between Qlik Sense and Qlik Catalog as we roll that out soon.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see Qlik add more DevOps functionality to their product. Currently, we have to turn to 3rd party products to handle things like Source Control, Code Deployment through environments, etc. This should align with the DataOps focus Qlik has been moving towards with all of their latest acquisitions, such as Attunity and Podium. Without 3rd party products, managing code, promoting it from one environment to the next, rolling back code, allowing shared development workspaces, all are very challenging and manual with the out of the box solution.

I have been using Qlik Sense for two years.

Qlik has built in good fail-over mechanisms which help keep the platform stable.

I believe Qlik scales well, both on-prem as well as in the Cloud.

Customer support has been very helpful. Their support site has a vast wealth of support articles to help troubleshoot known issues.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward. We had a Qlik employee come onsite to help with the initial installation and setup.

We used a Qlik employee to do our initial implementation. They were quite knowledgeable about the product.

I believe the ROI has been and will continue to be achieved by unlocking our data and providing new insights to our business to help drive decisions to improve our company's performance.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
More Qlik Sense reviews from users