Qlik Sense Review

It allows us to prototype immediately during a meeting with internal clients.

What is most valuable?

• Rapid application development
  • Easy visualization
  • User-friendly interface
  • Quick deployment

How has it helped my organization?

We can prototype immediately during a meeting with internal clients, and within hours have the first release candidate.

What needs improvement?

• Better data integration
  • Real ETL capabilities, such as storing end results data into a database instead of a proprietary file system

As of today, QlikView and QlikSense are only capable of storing the end result/staging data to a proprietary file (QVD).  No other tool, outside of Qlik, is able to read these files.

The tools perform very well but there is the inconvenience of being bound to only use Qlik tools in order to read your data.

We have used it for POCs for about one year, and on department projects for about six months.

I have not encountered any deployment, stability or scalability issues.

Excellent customer service experience.

• Oracle BI (OBIEE)
  • Cognos (IBM Advance Analytics)
  • SAS (for data visualization)

A development environment was up and running within minutes.

The first proof of concept was implemented in house, then we switched to a third-party contractor (SME). It was an excellent choice; projects move much faster and ROI improved too.

You can appreciate major ROI within three months.

In terms of pricing, start small, create your first prototype, make it very local, and then expand as much as needed for your organization to consume and adopt.

What other advice do I have?

Install the product, try it. If you can get a hold of a third-party consultant or professional services, go ahead and do it. I recommend SME.

More Qlik Sense reviews from users