Qlik Sense Review

Non-technical users would get bogged down trying to set up expressions.

What is most valuable?

• Easy to use

What needs improvement?

Set analysis "language" leaves a lot to be desired; non-technical users wanted full features but would get bogged down trying to set up expressions, requiring unplanned help.

Visuals change when exported; not compatible with other products other than Qlik.

Must have Qlik tools to use Qlik files.

I’m referring to the script expressions in the visualizations. Explaining or working through something like below to an everyday user was tedious, and time consuming. Plus, it did not leverage the skillset of our developers, and switching gears from our working environment (SQL Server, Visual Studio) to a Qlik scenario was a real pain.

I have used it for one year.

We have not encountered any deployment issues.

We have not encountered any stability issues.

Data must be well staged or Qlik has trouble loading and relating data sources.

Customer service is good.

Technical support is good.

There was nothing that was being created - except for some of the geospatial/map features - that couldn't be done in Excel.

A combination of a vendor team and an in-house team implemented it; mostly in-house.

• Sunset the product; moving on to another product.

Before choosing this product, we did not evaluate other options. A salesperson got a hold on some people outside of IT/BI; need I say more.

What other advice do I have?

It's an easy-to-use, fun visualization tool; probably best suited for prototyping. We explained this to Qlik Sense sales and were told we probably over bought.