Qlik Sense Review

The QIX engine performance speed is a valuable feature.

What is most valuable?

QlikSense has drastically and dramatically made our analytical function more efficient. The QIX engine delivers performance speeds that are simply unmatched by any other BI tool.

How has it helped my organization?

Qlik has, simply but strongly put, removed a significant amount of our time spent engineering data and given that time back to our team to analyze and draw insights that drive decisions and outcomes for our company and for the healthcare industry.

What needs improvement?

If Qlik can further unify its products into a single platform, there would be no stopping them!

We started using QlikView in 2013 and have begun work with Qlik Sense in the past year.

We did not encounter any deployment issues.

Only when our usage outgrew our physical environment (server size) did we have stability issues.

We did not encounter any issues with scalability.

From the support group to the extensive user community network, we have received excellent support and customer service when faced with environmental or development issues or questions.

The support is thorough.

Prior to Qlik, our data modelling and reporting process consisted of SQL -> MS Access -> MS Excel -> MS PowerPoint; when requests or report criteria would change, that vicious cycle would be repeated and sometimes it was painfully labor-intensive. Qlik optimized the data engineering aspect and packaged that entire process into one place.

Our initial setup was straightforward in the sense that our team leveraged Qlik for internal efficiency only. After time, we built our confidence in our external work and usage spread like wildfire.

We implemented through a vendor, who was very knowledgeable with BI and Qlik.

Qlik output operates at the capacity of multiple FTEs. The "faster" time to analyses and insights, and the single source of truth nature of that output has led to better business decisions and faster revenue recognition.

Build some expansion and user growth into your initial purchase.

We had other tools in use so were asked to try those first. MicroStrategy and Domo just didn't meet our expectations. Tableau was close on the front-end, visualization aspect but lacked the speed and power on the back end.

1 visitor found this review helpful
1 Comment
Management Consultant at a consultancy with 10,001+ employeesConsultant

Really Very helpful review. I would like to know Real Time data capabilities how Qlik Sense helping to business users and Technical Person. I have been using Qlikview around 6 years but whenever we compared with Qlik to Other BI like Power BI and Tableau they are having good real time data capabilities

29 May 17