Qlik Sense Review

Good integration and predictive modeling for our clients

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is to provide a fast and accurate BI solution for all functional areas. We are building small and simple apps, but also very complex apps. During the time, our clients ware has grown with Qlik and they are asking for more optimized BI solutions to help them in their daily business.

How has it helped my organization?

First, we have changed our mindset from Excel thinking to associative thinking. Next, we've gathered deeper insight into our data. Now, using Apps in Qlik as a navigation tool, we are using hidden opportunities to open new markets and also to reduce costs.

What is most valuable?

Moving from table to graph was a rubicon. After the implementation of all needed extensions, we are receiving only positive feedback and guidelines as to what the next steps are.

The integration with R & Python for predictive modeling, and possibly machine learning in the future, is very valuable.

What needs improvement?

As we are a very process-oriented company, we would like to see more extensions maintained from Qlik, because it's a huge budget problem to choose the right one. Also, a small set of Qlikview features would be appreciated (such as a simple PDF report directly from Qlik Sense...)

We have been using this solution for almost six years.

We have had no problems during the development and use of any Qlik product.

Qlik Sense and its pricing model can follow any scalability.

Prior to this solution, we used Longview (Arcplan). Very hard to maintain, question-answer concept on the SQL Server basis. We needed an easy to deploy data visualization solution that was mobile-ready and had a strong analytical engine. Qlik Sense was the right one for us.

Our setup was small, yet complex in the beginning. After a few "Wow's" we made some "internal friends" for support. Now we have a very complex deployment with several integrations.

Our first implementation was through a vendor, but now we are a well-educated team that still has a vendor as a support and a coach.

You should make a very deep and detailed analysis of what you really need, analyze integration possibilities onto your current system, review internal knowledge, and build a picture of your future BI system in the next five years.

We also evaluated Tableau before choosing this solution.