Quorum OnQ Review

A simple solution with ransomware protection and great support

What is our primary use case?

We use Quorum OnQ for backup, cloud service, and disaster recovery as a service.

What is most valuable?

Quorum OnQ has a good ransomware protection feature, and customer service and support were very good. Quorum is simple. They don't promise to do what they can't and always do what they say, and they are very good at that.

What needs improvement?

Compatibility with other platforms is the issue. Quorum OnQ can be improved by providing support for other operating systems like Ubuntu. Even Oracle supports other platforms. I would also like them to upgrade the hardware appliances.

It'll also help our clients if they made the requirements and service level agreements easier to understand.

I have been using Quorum OnQ for about one and a half years.

Quorum OnQ is a very stable solution. We haven't had any hardware issues. We have been doing backup and restoration without any issues.

Quorum OnQ is a scalable solution.

Quorum OnQ tech support is fantastic. They provide one to one support, we can meet them, or people over there can handle it for us. They even helped us with very small issues.

We were using this kind of backup in the cloud for a while. Sometimes we used Acronis and Macrium Reflects, but we found that Quorum was much simpler. It was also much easier to understand the solution.

The biggest difference between Acronis and Quorum is that Quorum is open-source, and the file system is better. It's like other platforms, and most people know about it. Also, compared to products like Acronis and Zetta, Quorum OnQ isn't hard.

The initial setup was very simple because we had all the technical support. But we do have issues like client connections to do the security, which takes time, but after that, the infrastructure is ready to go, and there haven't been issues.

It doesn't take more than a week to deploy the device. But to deploy the Quorum OnQ for a customer, and if it's a large client, it takes about a month to do the network setup and more.

What other advice do I have?

From using Quorum OnQ, I have learned that people are serious about their data, but they don't realize that data capturers are happening often. Some ransomware incidents keep reoccurring, and the backup function that we have helps our customers. That's why we keep giving it to them.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Quorum OnQ a nine.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Distributor
More Quorum OnQ reviews from users
...who compared it with Veeam Backup & Replication
Learn what your peers think about Quorum OnQ. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.