Quorum OnQ Review

Easy to used and provides powerful one-click recovery, but the interface needs to be enhanced

What is our primary use case?

We are a reseller and Quorum OnQ is one of the products that we sell to our clients.

As a reseller, we use our Quorum OnQ box for demonstration purposes, and for PoC purposes. We do not yet have any sales in this region.

The primary use case is quick HA and DR.

What is most valuable?

The most useful feature is the one-click recovery. It instantly boots up the protected VM.

This product is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

The user interface needs to be improved. It is good, albeit very simple and the look needs to be improved when compared to other products on the market.

I would prefer if there were an easier way to restore databases or applications. It would be good, for example, if the Quorum agent could do things like restore databases at the table level.

We have been selling Quorum OnQ for approximately one year.

This solution is very stable. We have tested it for approximately one year, so we have only had a problem once or twice.

Scalability is something that we haven't tested. We have not tried adding another box but from what I have read so far, I think that the scalability is good.

We have not tried to contact technical support because we don't have any sales in the region. At this point, we don't know anything about them.

As resellers, we are also selling NetBackup and Commvault. One of the complaints from our customers is that the Quorum is expensive, and they question why it is on par with these other products.

The initial setup is quite straightforward.

When we quote the price of Quorum to customers, they find it expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More Quorum OnQ reviews from users
...who compared it with Veeam Backup & Replication
Learn what your peers think about Quorum OnQ. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
510,204 professionals have used our research since 2012.