Quorum OnQ Review

Helpful support, reliable, facilitates compliance, and provides a good return on investment

What is our primary use case?

I am using Quorum OnQ for local file and application server backup and recovery, as well as local disaster recovery. Disaster recovery is delivered through individual virtual machines that we can spin up on-demand, or configure for automatic fail-over.

The OnQ platform duplicates these features, as well, as a data archive vault at a remote site. Data is transferred and archived to the remote site automatically.

This platform does the job that we needed multiple, disparate solutions to handle before.

How has it helped my organization?

Quorum OnQ has taken the guesswork out of backup/recovery and disaster recovery.  The holistic nature of the platform makes it a breeze to work with and test.

One of the biggest worries in an IT environment is the reliability of backup and DR. Will it work when we need it? I can see that OnQ is functioning properly and test the DR environment on a single pane of glass in just a few seconds. It lifts a huge burden from my shoulders and I rarely give it a second thought since implementing OnQ.

What is most valuable?

Local backup and file recovery are the features I use most but as a DR and archive platform, Quorum OnQ helps us check several compliance boxes, as well.

Solid technical support is another huge benefit. Whenever we need them, Quorum staff are always on top of it.

What needs improvement?

It would be beneficial if file culling could be more granular.

I have been using Quorum OnQ for almost 10 years.

This solution is rock solid.

We have actually scaled back from where we started with the solution because so much of our data has moved to the cloud.

World-class! Tech support staff is very responsive and extremely knowledgeable. I do not recall a single instance where an issue has to be escalated.

I used various, disparate solutions in the past to accomplish everything that OnQ does.

Implementation of OnQ was one of the easiest I have ever been involved in. Quorum was involved throughout the entire process, even sending a tech onsite to complete the install.

In-house with Quorum tech support assistance.

We also had a ransomware incident a few years back and OnQ saved the day. We were able to recover every file in just a few minutes. This cost savings on the loss of productivity for this incident alone paid for the solution multiple times over.

My advice is to take a look at both the on-premises and cloud offerings from Quorum. We have been using an on-premises solution but we will probably evaluate the cloud version come renewal time.

We did not evaluate other options before choosing OnQ.

What other advice do I have?

The platform has been around for a while and is reliably rock solid. It already does everything that it advertises, really well. I have been in the IT industry for more than 30 years and there are very few platforms that I do not have at least a small annoyance to complain about, other than OnQ.

I have been using it for almost 10 years and I have yet to find a single fault with it. Quorum OnQ is one of the few solutions that I would recommend to a colleague without a single caveat.

More Quorum OnQ reviews from users
...who compared it with Veeam Backup & Replication
Learn what your peers think about Quorum OnQ. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,975 professionals have used our research since 2012.