Red Hat AMQ Review

East to configure, lightweight on resource, simple to manage

What is our primary use case?

We are in the early stages of evaluating Red Hat AMQ for an OpenShift container platform because it can provide a very good Kubernetes platform using asynchronous data communication.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very lightweight, easy to configure, simple to manage, and robust since it launched.

What needs improvement?

There is improvement needed to keep the support libraries updated.

I have been using this solution for approximately one and a half years.

We have found the solution to be reliable.

The solution is highly scalable. This is the main reason why we are using this solution.

The support technical documentation is very good.

The initial setup is very easy.

There is a subscription needed for this solution and there are support plans available.

I have evaluated Kafka. Red Head AMQ solves the producer-consumer problems and Kafka is used for streaming mainly.

What other advice do I have?

This solution is very mature and can be very useful depending on the use case. For what we use it for, it has worked perfectly. For some other use cases, this solution might not be the best to use. Most of my clients are using other Red Hat solutions combined with this one, such as Ansible and 3scale.

I rate Red Hat AMQ a nine out of ten.

5.5.x
More Red Hat AMQ reviews from users
...who compared it with Apache Kafka
Find out what your peers are saying about Red Hat, Apache, VMware and others in Message Queue (MQ) Software. Updated: August 2021.
533,638 professionals have used our research since 2012.