Ruckus Wireless WAN Review

Easy to install, Stable Wireless connection, but marketing needs to expand to other areas

What is our primary use case?

This solution is used in our hotel as an access point to connect our guests on the internet.

The deployment model we used is on-premises.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the indoor and outdoor wireless access points.

What needs improvement?

I hope that they will be expanding the market. I have some friends who have not heard of Ruckus but are aware of other competitors. They should expand it in the Middle East and other areas and make offers for others to make comparisons.

I would like to see more offers for smaller businesses.

I have been using this solution for one year.

This solution is stable.

You could have two hundred or more users. Cisco has a higher capability of users, they can have about five hundred users.

They have no problems with technical support.

The initial setup is straightforward.

I took some training beforehand and the setup was easy, it is not as complicated as others.

This solution offers a yearly subscription. The price is not high and other solutions are much higher than Ruckus.

I made some comparisons with other competitors and I found that Ruckus was number one in regards to stability.

What other advice do I have?

I really like this solution and it is recognized here in Riyadh Airport, most of the WiFi is with Ruckus, not with Cisco or any other solution.

One of the largest Airports in Saudi Arabia is using the Ruckus Wireless WiFi as an access point. It means it's a genuine, reliable solution.

In Saudi Arabia we have a lot of outdoor WiFi and it's recognized through Ruckus, Cisco and sometimes Linksys.

Unfortunately, at work, they are using Linksys. I am an IT engineer and I have used Ruckus as a WiFi access point for all of the hotels. It can be connected directly to the wireless access controller and making this a firewall for the DMZ and the client just enters the WiFi with a password.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More Ruckus Wireless WAN reviews from users
...who compared it with Aruba Networks Wireless WAN
Find out what your peers are saying about Ruckus, Ubiquiti Networks, Cambium Networks and others in Wireless WAN. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.