Ruckus Wireless WAN Review

Great management features and easy to set up

What is most valuable?

The feature I like most is the product activity. This is a technology-orientated product and the management features are awesome as compared to other products. I like the management, control, access points, plane, data plane, and complete Wi-Fi productivity if offers.

What needs improvement?

Most vendors offer built-in Wi-Fi. So from this point of view, I would like to see built-in Wi-Fi with this solution also, so that we can save money by not having to buy two different components. I would also like to see built-in firewalls.

One thing about Ruckus products is that you have documentation based on the scenarios. All the documentation features are explained well, so when you try to figure out some examples or scenarios, you have multiple scenarios and snapshots to follow so that you can build your own setup. I didn't find that kind of documentation with this solution from Ruckus. For the switches perspective as well as the Wi-Fi perspective. The documentation from other vendors like Huawei, Cisco, Aruba are very unique. What they do, is to start with the technology, and then they explain everything to you step by step. Then they give some scenario examples.

Another thing that Ruckus lacks, is the certification part. They have very basic online exams but not expert level exams. I would like to be able to do a very professional career-based program with Ruckus.

The last thing that needs to improve, is to have direct contact with a support engineer if one has technical issues.

I have been using the solution for two years.

It is a perfect, reliable product. As soon as it was deployed, it worked well and we didn't have any issues with it. The management of the solution is very easy.

I signed up for a total of 1000 users, as the companies that we deploy for, are either small, medium or enterprise businesses. So far the solution has been scalable.

I'm totally satisfied with the technical support. They're very responsive. One thing that can be improved, is that whenever I need to contact the engineer, there is no contact. I have an open case with the Ruckus team so I must be able to contact an operator or someone in online chat. At this stage, they only do a proxy for us. They just take our information and then they talk to the engineers directly. Then they come back to us whenever they are available. Sometimes we need immediate support, so we would like to have direct communication. I have noticed this and some of our customers also complain about that.

The initial setup is easy and straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

In the next release, I would like to see a better and easier firewall for proper scanning of our network analyzer. At this stage, it is analyzing my complete traffic on the protocol level and then I have to analyze and spend a lot of time to understand my existing traffic flow. So it is very time-consuming. On a scale from one to 10, I rate it a 10 out of 10. This solution is a complete product and the best product out there.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Reseller.
More Ruckus Wireless WAN reviews from users
...who compared it with Aruba Networks Wireless WAN
Find out what your peers are saying about Ruckus, Ubiquiti Networks, Cambium Networks and others in Wireless WAN. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.