Ruckus Wireless WAN Review

A reliable solution with good coverage that is easy to deploy, but some analytics features would be helpful

What is our primary use case?

We are an enterprise-level service provider and we supply this product to our customers for Wi-Fi solutions. We have positioned Rukus to provide wireless coverage for both the enterprise community and the public.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the ease of deployment, the coverage that it offers, and the reliability. Overall, it's quite a good product.

What needs improvement?

It would be nice to some analytical features built into this solution.

I have been work with Ruckus Wireless WAN for more than five years.

We have not had trouble with stability and the devices are always working.

The degree of scalability depends on the model. We have local controllers, as well as cloud options. For seamless scalability, the cloud options are better because the local controllers have a limit on the number of IPs that we can connect. The only way to exceed the maximum is to upgrade to another model.

I have not been in contact with technical support because it would be our technical team who deals with them if any issues arise.

We also provide a Meraki solution to some of our customers. The Meraki is mobile-based, where you just have to press a button on the AP and once the configuration is done, you are connected to the cloud. It is more suitable for a distributed network.

The initial setup and deployment are easy.

What other advice do I have?

We have not yet tested the integration with other devices such as cameras and IoT, but we are looking forward to seeing how Ruckus works with these types of devices.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More Ruckus Wireless WAN reviews from users
...who compared it with Aruba Networks Wireless WAN
Find out what your peers are saying about Ruckus, Ubiquiti Networks, Cambium Networks and others in Wireless WAN. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.