SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud Review

Provides real-time time information with a scalable and stable backend, but requires additional decision making intelligence integrations

What is our primary use case?

The main use case of this of this solution is in the order-to-cash, procure-to-pay, and record-to-report processes for a manufacturing and sales distribution company.

What is most valuable?

The solution is online and provides a real-time information feature, which makes a huge difference to the business, especially in reviews and meetings.

Additionally, the software helps with credit approvals and plant maintenance where a mobile application is used to obtain information quickly.

What needs improvement?

Additional features that should be included in the next release are more analytics and intelligent decision making tools, such as a WhatsApp chatbot.

I have been using this solution for three years.

The solution is stable and we have never had a problem. We started with one terabyte of data when the solution was first implemented and today we have around almost 600 gigabytes of data, which means means the compression works properly. Before migrating from ECC, we had nine terabytes of data.

The solution is scalable from an infrastructure point of view. However, it becomes more complex over time because technology is changing so fast.

I use the customer service/technical support line once or twice per month. I usually call to find out about new features. If I have an issue on the production-side, they respond immediately.

However, in some cases, they take time to respond with a solution depending on the scenario.

Previously, we were using ECC, which is quite an old product. We wanted digital transformation and so we started using SAP Analytics Cloud.

We moved to SAP HANA to reduce the number of customizations. Previously, we had almost 3,000 custom programs that would run, maintain, and upgrade, which was a challenge. Now, we only have 400 custom programs.

The licensing of the solution is on a yearly basis.

The normal price of the solution is quite high, but I received a special discount by making a purchase near the end of the year.

What other advice do I have?

Before purchasing the solution, it is important to have the buy-in from top management to drive the implementation. Additionally, the right people need to be put in place to implement the solution.

Integration is another consideration since it can be a challenge. Planning is essential to the success of the integration of SAP HANA.

Other

1709
More SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud reviews from users
...who compared it with Microsoft Azure
Learn what your peers think about SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
512,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.