SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud Review

Converts databases to multi-dimensional models that can be integrated with Power BI, but the setup needs to be simplified

What is our primary use case?

We have several uses for the databases. We are using SAP Hanna and building more or less on top of databases using SAP Hanna Studio.

What is most valuable?

What I like the most is that we can convert databases into a proper multi-dimensional model, then we can project with the integration with Power BI.

What needs improvement?

Based on our customer's feedback, we have to see how we can get more from it.

The initial setup should be simplified.

The stability needs to be improved to be able to handle large amounts of data.

I have not yet found full documentation available for implementing the server, the database configurations, and integrating it with Power BI. There is no proper documentation available. It would be useful if there was proper documentation from the vendor.

I have been using SAP Hanna Enterprise Cloud for five or six months.

We had some issues with hanging if we were using a large amount of data.

I think that it is scalable, but we are still going through the projections. Based on business approval, we need to see how much data we are going to handle or if they have large databases, then we can scale.

The POC has been consumed by 12 members, they are IT admins and three to four business users.

We have not contacted the technical support because we have our support team within our company.

Previously we were using Azure Cloud.

The initial setup was not straightforward. The configuration was a bit complex which required the help of our admin team.

The implementation was done with the help from our admin team.

What other advice do I have?

We have not yet explored all features and would have to check with the admin team for the additional requirements to further explore what additional features we may need for business cases.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Private Cloud
More SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud reviews from users
...who compared it with Microsoft Azure
Learn what your peers think about SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2020.
455,962 professionals have used our research since 2012.