SAP Hybris Commerce Review
It's reduced costs and time to market with centralized content and streamlined processes, however, I would like to see a better way to upload products, like Excel.

Valuable Features

• Integration
  • Multi-channel
  • Reduced costs and time to market with centralized content and streamlined processes

Improvements to My Organization

All products reside in SAP and all other systems access and update their products and prices in one place. It reduces redundancy

Room for Improvement

Sometimes it's slow in accessing products. Also IMPEX upload was complex. I would like to see a better way to upload products, like Excel.

Use of Solution

I've used it for two years.

It's great.

It's great.

We had a custom built solution previously.

It was not complex in terms of set-up. Only the design of products and their relation is complex. Also, the multi-country product set-up was kind of complex.

Implementation Team

We used a vendor.

1 visitor found this review helpful

2 Comments

it_user94152Consultant

Hi Venkat,
Here are some answers and suggestions.

1. Sometimes it's slow in accessing products.
System response time heavily depends on:
- the number of SKUs you have
- how well designed your catalog structure is
- the extent to which you have optimized your Solr indices and queries
- how well your hybris caches are utilized (you need high hit ratio)

2. Also IMPEX upload was complex. I would like to see a better way to upload products, like Excel.
- hybris imports via Hot Folders and CSV but your CSV structure must match the ImpEx headers - just reorder your Excel spreadsheet columns to match the ImpEx headers and export to CSV. The import your products via the hybris Management Conosole. My testing dates to version 5.4. The current version of hybris is 5.7 and things have improved dramatically.
- Yes, ImpEx may be a bit inconvenient at first but it is DB agnostic - you choose from MySQL, HANA, Oracle, or SQL Server. Like with any new technology it, you will have to overcome the hurdle of learning it. Fortunately ImpEx syntax is fairly straightforward and there is a fair share of examples that come OOTB with the hybris Accelerators

02 November 15
Venkat JanapatiReal User

Yes. what you said is true. My point was it should be easy for business to upload instead of developers.

04 January 17