SAP Identity Management Review

The UI needs work but we have stopped manually managing all changes in user accounts.

What is most valuable?

Integration with SAP Human Capital Management system (HR) to build end-users IT access in accordance with organizational structure.

How has it helped my organization?

With SAP IDM we have stopped manually managing all changes in user accounts after his/her transferring between organizational units. We do not manage the deletion of fired/retired users manually, and we have decreased the amount of time spent for new users’ workplace preparation.

What needs improvement?

The User Interface (UI) needs work.

I've used it for one and a half years.

Good.

Good.

We used SAP Central User Administration system (CUA) to manage users centrally, but this solution will be out of support soon. SAP recommended trying SAP IDM instead of CUA. So we have migrated to this new platform.

The hardest part in implementation was the structure of identities, as we have a lot of SAP systems, some of them contained different data for one account. So the first, and the most important part, of implementation was to clean up and take out the “garbage”.

We did a local-team implementation.

It’s free of charge software for us (included in current license). Other products required additional investment.

What other advice do I have?

Develop your own interface to manage users authorization. The standard one is not friendly and very time-consuming for elementary operation.

1 visitor found this review helpful