SAP Identity Management Review

The UI needs work but we have stopped manually managing all changes in user accounts.

Valuable Features

Integration with SAP Human Capital Management system (HR) to build end-users IT access in accordance with organizational structure.

Improvements to My Organization

With SAP IDM we have stopped manually managing all changes in user accounts after his/her transferring between organizational units. We do not manage the deletion of fired/retired users manually, and we have decreased the amount of time spent for new users’ workplace preparation.

Room for Improvement

The User Interface (UI) needs work.

Use of Solution

I've used it for one and a half years.

Good.

Good.

We used SAP Central User Administration system (CUA) to manage users centrally, but this solution will be out of support soon. SAP recommended trying SAP IDM instead of CUA. So we have migrated to this new platform.

The hardest part in implementation was the structure of identities, as we have a lot of SAP systems, some of them contained different data for one account. So the first, and the most important part, of implementation was to clean up and take out the “garbage”.

Implementation Team

We did a local-team implementation.

Other Solutions Considered

It’s free of charge software for us (included in current license). Other products required additional investment.

Other Advice

Develop your own interface to manage users authorization. The standard one is not friendly and very time-consuming for elementary operation.

1 visitor found this review helpful