SAP Identity Management Review

Easy integration with other applications makes this our enterprise-wide SSO solution

What is our primary use case?

We are a big SAP shop, so SAP IDM is the main identity provider for accessing all of the applications. This is not just for SSO but also for the provisioning and related tasks.

How has it helped my organization?

Rather than implement a basic SSO, this solution assisted us with setting up two-factor authentication.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that it is able to integrate with many modules and other applications.

What needs improvement?

It needs to have the SSO for the HANA modules that SAP is releasing.

This solution is stable. We don't have any issues once it is moved to production, but it has challenges for new stuff that SAP is releasing because they don't have that kind of integration.

We do not have any issues with scalability.

The SAP technical support is pretty good.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward but it had to be catered to our needs. We did a lot of customization.

We did have a consultant but most of the implementation was done in-house.

There is definitely ROI because we use this as our enterprise-wide SSO solution.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for others implementing this solution is to identify all of the systems that you need to connect to using SSO. Make sure that you have a unique identifier for each user, whether it be an employee ID or a username. Just make sure that it is available for IDM to provision it and do the sample authentications.