SevOne Review

We're able to use it to see where customers are disconnecting and to discover outages before customers complain.

What is most valuable?

• The ease of device certification – self-certify or have SevOne certify devices for me.
  • Stability has been pretty good for us over the years – it’s a pretty stable platform.

How has it helped my organization?

We are actually using it for commercial use. We can see where customers are disconnecting and their orders failing, which results in us continuing to bill them and having to reimburse them. SevOne enables us to look at the data and see that the customer has disconnected so we can stop billing and reimbursing them. We also can discover outages before the customer complains.

What needs improvement?

I think that the upgrade process could be improved, which can be painful at times. SevOne knows it's an issue and they're working on it.

I've used it for eight years.

We only encountered issues during upgrades. The initial deployment was not a problem as we just deployed three new servers a couple months ago. There was one minor issue which should have been picked up but which we found out later. Typically deployments are pretty smooth.

No issues with stability.

So far the product has scaled to our needs. We broke it early on but the past few years it has scaled to our needs.

8-9/10

7-8/10

We used EHealth (a former CA product). Because of the upgrades and device certifications, we had to switch.

Setup was straightforward.

We implemented through the vendor and they were very good.

We're managing it with one person so the cost is cheaper than some of our other tools.

We looked at other solutions, but management chose SevOne because of its cost.

What other advice do I have?

Test it out in your environment – it all depends on your environment, but it fits very well for ours.