SevOne Review

I like the UI, scalability and quick response on reports.

What is most valuable?

• Quick response on reports
  • User interface
  • Scalability of the monitoring
  • Reliability

How has it helped my organization?

Given the ease of access to the information in a few clicks, the user base of the product has increased tremendously. As the word of mouth spread, the increased reachability of this for the performance reporting space within our organisation increased.

What needs improvement?

Keeping up to date with market trends, new vendors and with network vendors’ product support.

More than three years.

Our installation is a very large scale one. We initially had issues getting the product to accommodate the number of network devices to monitor. After a set of fine tune steps, we did not need to turn this part back on.

We are one of SevOne's large appliance base customers, and we have not had any issues so far.

8/10

The predecessor was not up to the race! Over the years of it use, it failed to meet the expectance organically. Hence the need to look for a product with better returns in many aspects.

Straightforward I must say… Just get the appliance set up as a vanilla installation in the management systems. It’s sort of plug-and-play. It covered 75% of the network devices and servers farms out of box from day one.

SevOne has a decent pricing model, so far, for production & solutions on the shelf. Given the “object” licensing concept, it simplifies the pricing model in many ways, and gives flexibility for customer to decide.

Thoroughly evaluate what needs to be monitored from SevOne, you’ll look at it as a different ball game for the cost of what needs to be monitored.

Solarwinds – Orion, Nimsoft, IBM TNPM, Netcracker, HP Performance Insight, OPNET Net One, Previsor, TBD Fusion (Vital Suite), Watch4Net, ScienceLogic, Cisco – Prime, Network Instrument – Observer, ZenPM - SysMech.

What other advice do I have?

Clearly outline what needs to be monitored from SevOne and what you aim for your organization. I don’t recommend monitoring everything.

Please engage the SevOne SME’s. It will make the implementation easier in many aspects.

More SevOne reviews from users