SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer Review

Provides good response for managing the traffic, but doesn't provide information about the endpoint that is downloading heavy files

What is our primary use case?

We use many SolarWinds solutions. We use SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer mostly for monitoring the traffic and ensuring that everything is working well. We use it to manage and monitor the traffic and check if the connection between the two sites is well.

What is most valuable?

For managing the traffic, it provides you a response about whether the traffic is down, up, or heavy, which is a very powerful feature. It has a good response time.

We have been using this solution for many years, and we don't have any problem with this solution.

What needs improvement?

If your network is on SolarWinds, and you notice that the traffic is bad because it says "user downloading a heavy file," it doesn't indicate which endpoint is downloading those heavy files. SolarWinds doesn't have the tools to be able to handle this kind of situation. You can just notice through your network device that the traffic is becoming overwhelming or heavy, but you cannot go inside and get more details related to the endpoint where it is happening. We would like SolarWinds to be able to handle this kind of situation and even manage the traffic inside a network from the endpoint to the network device. These would be good enhancements.

It is mostly stable. The problem comes only when we want to add another SolarWinds model. SolarWinds has so many models, and sometimes when we want to add other models on the platforms that are reserved for our firm, it freezes. When this happens, we have to create a new VM for that model.

I have been using this solution for around seven years.

It is mostly stable, but there are issues with stability when you want to add another SolarWinds model to the platform.

It is good for small and medium enterprises. We have ten users who use this solution in our organization. This solution is mostly used by network administrators, and currently, they don't have another project to increase the usage of the solution.

Their technical support is good.

The initial setup isn't complex.

We have an internal team that manages this solution.

We pay yearly, and we are happy with its price.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution if your need is really about monitoring the traffic. It gives good feedback for monitoring the traffic, and it is a good solution for that, but if you want to do more than that, I would not recommend this solution.

It is a good solution for small and medium enterprises. It is good for enterprises that are not too big and don't have too many networks.

I would rate SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer a six out of ten.

More SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with Nagios XI
Learn what your peers think about SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.