SolarWinds Netflow Traffic Analyzer Review

Provides valuable information on protocol utilization and has a useful system of alert escalation

What is our primary use case?

We use this tool for network supervision, and our environment includes Fortigate firewalls and Cisco switches.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution gives us important information about the utilization of protocols, particularly in terms of how often they are used.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable functions are the ability to show the Network Flow and the system of escalation.

What needs improvement?

I had a problem during the installation of this solution, and I was not able to find a solution in their forum. I would like to have a more efficient and more complete forum for support. I was eventually able to find the solution on another site.

I would like to see more training videos and additional material for learning how to use this solution.

Better integration and communication with third-party tools, including other NPMs such as Nagios, is needed.

Six months.

This is a very stable solution.

In terms of support, I would rate them five or six out of ten. It was difficult to find videos for training. Overall, I am not satisfied with the support.

I have experience with Cisco tools, as well as Microsoft.

What other advice do I have?

I have used many tools and this one is very interesting, but they need to provide better support and better training material.

I would rate this solution an eight and a half out of ten.