Sophos Cyberoam UTM Review

The reporting tool is one of the best we have tested but it needs integration with the security features

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution strictly in connection with the files of internal users, such as in a case that they are using the internet and we wish to control their bandwidth or time limit.

What is most valuable?

We consider the user level and control features of Sophos Cyberoam UTM to be the best. The user part is one its greatest features. The solution even has its own reporting tool, which is one of the best we have tested. Furthermore, the dashboard is user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

The VPN is an area that can be improved. Often, it will fail to connect or become disconnected. Also, the solution is not in the same lane as sending organizations, which have more security features. The enhanced security model is also lacking time-wise.

Now that the company has shifted from Cyberoam to Sophos, I would not recommend implementing the security-related features of the solution. I have heard from customers that it falls short of the mark.

In the next release, I would like to see integration with the security features. I wish to see in the actual device the integration of the security feature with another product.

We have been using Sophos Cyberoam UTM for four or five years.

I have not experienced any downtime with the solution.

We did not expand the solution, limiting its use to five-to-ten percent increments in the number of users, no more.

We have no plans to increase the usage.

The solution's technical support offers the best services available. When one of our customer's devices went down, all he needed to do was call tech support and they mailed him the device without requiring any verification or validation whatsoever.

The initial setup was very simple to apply and integrate.

The licensing is on an annual basis. It is very reasonably priced.

While we did evaluate other solutions prior to going with the product, when it comes to user level controls, I consider Sophos Cyberoam UTM to be the most suitable product.

What other advice do I have?

Our organization has multiple branches and, overall, approximately 200 users are utilizing Sophos Cyberoam UTM devices.

I would rate Sophos Cyberoam UTM as a six out of ten.

We're making use of version 10 of the solution, although we recently upgraded to the current SD version.
More Sophos Cyberoam UTM reviews from users
...who work at a Non Profit
...who compared it with Sophos UTM
Learn what your peers think about Sophos Cyberoam UTM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.