Sophos SafeGuard Review

The firewall is great but configuration and integration could be improved

What is our primary use case?

I'm the head of security at our company and we are customers of Sophos SafeGuard.

What is most valuable?

The valuable feature is the intrusion detection system, the firewall itself.

What needs improvement?

The Office 360 integration could be improved, it's not so straightforward. It's been a challenge. When I moved from my mail in-house, on-prem, to Office 360 on cloud, I had a lot of challenges getting my mail to pass through the firewall. That's something I'm currently working on.

Additional features I'd like to see would be more help results to the product. Maybe they could provide a way to train on the product, provide tutorials that could be easily accessed for people to easily understand the product quickly. I think that would help. The issue is not always the product but the configuration and the know-how to easily manage the system that sometimes make you not get the best out of the system. It's a matter of making resources available.

I've been using this solution for five years.

It's a stable solution, I haven't had any challenges except when I was doing the migration.

The solution is scalable, we have over 500 staff using it.

We purchased the solution in Ghana through a rep who has not been helpful. The company doesn't provide any support, we do everything in-house. If necessary, I sometimes go to the community to see if somebody has reported something that can help us.

The price could be lower. I think it's one of the disadvantages of the solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend that people choosing this solution find the right technical people or  vendor to provide support and assistance to ensure the product is working fine.

I would rate this product a six out of 10.

17.5
More Sophos SafeGuard reviews from users
...who work at a Insurance Company
...who compared it with Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption
Learn what your peers think about Sophos SafeGuard. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.